The Ramsey County Opioid Prevention and Unified Services Coalition (OPUS) was developed to establish greater unity between law enforcement, courts, schools, substance use treatment centers and other community resources. Since 2017, our purpose has been to engage, advocate, inform and bring awareness of substance use issues throughout Ramsey County. Through education, prevention, enforcement and treatment, we work together to build a healthy, safe and drug-free community.
why ramsey county
In 2018 Ramsey County recorded 105 overdose deaths. To combat this crisis, the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office, County Attorney’s Office, Local Law Enforcement, Schools, the Know the Truth Prevention Program and other local organizations have all come together to address and provide education in order to reduce chemical use in the community.
What is the Coalition
The Ramsey County OPUS Coalition is a coalition made up of members who work together to reduce youth substance use in Ramsey County, Minnesota.
- John Choi | State/ Local / Tribal Government – Ramsey County Attorney’s Office
- Mike Whistler | Parent- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office
- Ryan O’Neill | Law Enforcement – Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office
- Dean Neumann | Healthcare Professional – St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Rose Mckinney | Media – Pineapple RM
- Wendy Jones | Other Organization involved in reducing substance use – MN Recovery Connection
- Randy Anderson | Business Owner – Bold North Recovery
- Pam Lanhart | Religious/ Fraternal Organization – Breakthrough Ministries
- Jyni Koschak | Civic Volunteer Organization – Volunteers of America
- Jennifer Lodin | School
- Isabella Walker | Youth
- Deborah Cavitt | Youth Serving Organization
- Taylor Hohmann | Staff – Coalition Coordinator
- Tracee Anderson | Staff – Project Director
THE RAMSEY COUNTY OPUS COALITION IS FUNDED BY THE DRUG FREE COMMUNITIES GRANT
Drug Take-Back Sites in Ramsey County
90% of people who abuse prescription medication get it from friends and family members. Don't let your medicine cabinet become yet another statistic. Safely dispose of prescription medications at one of the many drop sites in Ramsey County.